Thursday, 16 March 2017

Conversation: About my pen.




Angela, let me tell you about this pen… I came across what is known as a Lamy CP1 fountain pen. It is a slim-line steel pen with a clip which is also made of steel.

It is even in diameter along it’s entire length and so you wouldn’t think it was a fountain pen until you took the cap off and saw the nib.

There is also a plastic ring seat at the base of the pen to clip the cap firmly in place when it is off and therefore, it doesn’t come off while you are writing.

I also found out that these pens have been around since the late sixties and that a large number of the pens from the early 70’s are collector’s items.

I had a Parker fountain pen of my own for years and all it did was leak ink everywhere… I suppose it’s because I never used it as intended. But now I have a rekindled affection for fountain pens and suspect that I’ll keep my eyes open for a Lamy CP1 pen in white as they also come in that colour… Can you believe it?

I don’t know if you have a fountain pen, though I suspect by the next time we meet I’ll have both a fountain pen and the right type of thick dotted paper designed for fountain pens with which I can write beautiful note's on..





©Copyright 2017 by Paul Adjayi 


No comments:

Post a Comment